Health Alert Vietnam: Streptococcus Suis virus found in pork/blood paste, kills two

Posted on February 22, 2013 • Filed under: Tourist Warning, Travel Health, Vietnam

As reported by, “A bacterium virus called ‘Streptococcus Suis’ from pigs claimed two lives in North Vietnam, the Central Tropical Disease Hospital in Hanoi announced…Most patients contracted the ‘Streptococcus Suis’ bacterium after eating undercooked infected pork, blood paste, or came into direct contact with secretion from diseased pigs via open wounds or airborne tracts.” Read Article

Share This Story
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • email