Arkansas water park closes after girl gets deadly brain-eating amoeba

Posted on July 30, 2013 • Filed under: Tourist Warning, Tourists ill, Travel News, United-States

As reported by, the Arkansas water park where a young girl got a brain-eating parasite has shut down. Kali Hardig, 12, came down with parasitic meningitis, a rare infection caused by a brain-eating amoeba. She likely picked up at the Willow Springs Water Park in Little Rock. The infection has struck only 31 other people in the past 10 years. According to the Centers for Disease Control, all of those cases were fatal. The amoeba loves warm water, like lakes, rivers, and hot springs. Read Article

Share This Story
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • email