South Carolina boy dies of carbon monoxide poisoning in North Carolina motel

Posted on June 11, 2013 • Filed under: Tourist Killed, United-States reports that police said Monday that carbon monoxide poisoning likely killed an 11-year-old South Carolina boy this weekend and two other guests found dead in the same motel room almost two months ago. Emergency responders found carbon monoxide in the room where Jeffrey Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died Saturday, Boone police said in a prepared statement. Investigators said a preliminary autopsy found the boy died from asphyxia, which happens when inhaled toxic gases cut off oxygen to the body. State medical examiners will conduct toxicology tests on samples taken from the boy’s body. Read article

Share This Story
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • email