Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam: A man succumbs to brain-eating amoeba

Posted on September 12, 2012 • Filed under: Asia, Travel News

A man who died at a Ho Chi Minh City hospital last month was a victim of what is probably Vietnam’s first-ever recorded case of the brain-eating amoeba Naegleria fowleri. The Hospital of Tropical Diseases said Wednesday (August 29) a male patient named P.V.T., 25, of Phu Yen Province died from primary amoebic meningoencephalitis – a rare and usually deadly disease of the central nervous system caused by the amoeba. Read article

Share This Story
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • email