Colombia: tourist from U.K. dead after consuming Indigenous ritual beverage, Yage

Posted on April 28, 2014 • Filed under: Latin America, Tourist Dies reported that a British teenager was found dead by the side of the road by police in a remote rainforest area of Colombia after taking hallucinogenic Yage in a tribal ritual with other tourists. Henry Miller, a 19-year old from Bristol, who was on a gap year is understood to have taken Yage, which causes vivid hallucinations and is used by local tribes for its supposedly spiritual and healing properties, The Daily Mail reports. Henry’s father said in a statement that he had reacted badly to the plant infusion. Read Article

Share This Story
  • Print
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • Facebook
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Twitter
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Add to favorites
  • email